Advanced White Water Safety and Rescue
- October 1st - 2nd - Perthshire
- October 3rd-7th - Combined with AWWL training
Learn how to plan and run a safe river trip with mates on grade 3(4) water. Our philosophy is 'SAFETY and rescue', with a big focus on making the right decisions to prevent you having to dig into your rescue toolkit. That being said, knowing how to deal with incidents can allow you to have a safer and more enjoyable time on the water.
Keep you and your mates safe on the river
We think that every advanced white water kayaker should do this course, but we would! We draw upon years of experience, paddling all over the world, to teach you how to prevent stuff going wrong and how to fix the inevitable.
This course follows a syllabus but emphasis can be placed in different areas depending on your experience and interests. We will look at...
- Recap learning from WWSR
- What kit we need to carry on advanced rivers
- Safe paddling strategies
- Building anchors ad belays
- Mechanical advantages
- Attaching a line to a trapped paddler
- Managing people on steep ground
- Emergency procedures
- Scenarios to reinforce learning
More information about the course can be found at the link below.
- Confident paddling grade 3-4 white water
- Confident swimming in white water
- Have attended a BC WWSR course
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age
Jonny has a passion for adventuring in the outdoors and loves helping others to work towards their goals and expand possibilities. He prides himself on his relaxed, friendly approach and teaching the most up-to-date information in a safe and supportive manner.
You may also be interested in...
Advanced White Water Leader Training
Learn how to lead safe and enjoyable journeys on grade 4 water