White Water Safety and Rescue
1st - 2nd October 2022
1st - 2nd April 2023
Learn how to plan and run a safe river trip with mates on grade 2(3) water. Our philosophy is 'SAFETY and rescue', with a big focus on making the right decisions to prevent you having to dig into your rescue toolkit. That being said, knowing how to deal with incidents can allow you to have a safer and more enjoyable time on the water.
Keep you and your mates safe on the river
We think that every white water kayaker should do this course, but we would! We draw upon years of experience, paddling all over the world, to teach you how to prevent stuff going wrong and how to fix the inevitable.
This course follows a syllabus but emphasis can be placed in different areas depending on your experience and interests. We will look at...
- What kit to carry and how to set it up
- Different throwline techniques
- Moving around in water confidently without a boat
- Shout, Reach and Throw rescues
- Planning safe river trips
- Different river running strategies
- Rescuing kit and people from you boat
- Mechanical advantages to free stuck kit
- Scenarios and emergency procedures
- Course summary and further learning
More information about the course can be found at the link below
- Confident paddling grade 2 white water
- Confident swimming in normal paddling gear
- Aged 18+ unless accompanied by a parent or guadian
Jonny has a passion for adventuring in the outdoors and loves helping others to work towards their goals and expand possibilities. He prides himself on his relaxed, friendly approach and teaching the most up-to-date information in a safe and supportive manner.
You may also be interested in...
White Water Leader Training
Learn how to lead safe and enjoyable journeys on grade 2(3) water